Thursday, April 11, 2013

Working it ouuuuut....

Just a quickie update on how my workouts have been as of late...

Well, I'm not a member of CrossFit Allegiance anymore, solely due to financial reasons.  My husband and I had recently went thru Dave Ramsay's Financial Peace University class and this season of my life has been the first time as an adult that I've truly put my income/expenses down and budgeted.  It's amazing we've gone as long as we have being so stupid with our money, but I am soooo glad to have taken this class and be on the right path to financial freedom.  But anyhow, that could be another post altogether, but one of the things we did was cut out some of our extracurricular spending.  So CrossFit went, sigh, but I'll be back there one day!  Luckily my job gives me access to this gym for FREE, plus I get 3 hours/week to workout on the job, can't complain there!  There is also a 1/4 mile track around the gym and a 1/2 mile trail in the woods for off-roading.... job perks.

Got the gym all to mah-self!







So anyhow, my main goal after quitting CrossFit and then going into exercise depression and then gaining 30-ish lbs. too much weight is to get in shape to pass my PT test this Saturday during guard drill.  The PT test consist of 4 components that you earn points for; 1.5 mile run, waist measurement, max push ups and sit ups in one minute individually.  I am pretty confident that I will pass this weekend, it won't be my best assesment in the 9+ years I've been at this military gig, but I'm glad I got out of my slump and started getting ready for it.

Primarily I have been doing run/walk intervals, cardio on the elliptical, push-ups, sit-ups, and some weight training.  My running has improved a lot from taking such a huge break from it, I am looking forward to doing more with that this year.  I love using my Nike GPS to track my runs, it is such a great little gadget.  Here are some pics of my latest runs, some have been run/walks, but ain't nothing wrong with that!!!


Working on keeping my HR in the zone my entire workout.




After my PT assesment, I want to improve my running/cardiovascular endurance, not so much my distance but I would like to get faster and improve my heartrate.  And I am going to put a lot more focus on crosstraining, doing CrossFit style workouts and lifting heavier.  Once I plan out my workouts in more detail I will be posting them here.

Wish me luck on the PT assessment!

1 comment:

Katherine - Real Food Runner said...

great job! all you food photos look AMAZING!

wanted to let you know about the latest 7 day green smoothie challenge = )

hope you'll join in again! here's the link if you'd like to check it out. :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/04/announcing-2013-spring-green-smoothie.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis