Monday, April 8, 2013

Whole 30, so far so good!

I've been 5 days now on the Whole30 program and it has been going pretty good!!!

I'm eating 3 meals a day, no snacking between meals, this has been hard to get used to, my meals are indeed keeping me satiated but I just need to get used to not mindlessly noshing.  So far I've been handling it well, I will focus something else, or have some hot tea.

One thing I miss is eating more fruit than I have been on Whole30.  I've been packing my kiddos lunches slicing pears, prepping grapes, etc and wanting to nosh, but I've been good.  Not that fruit is baaaad, but according to Whole 30 guidelines, fruit is an occasional addition, especially while you're still battling sugar cravings.  So 1-2 servings per day and no fruit for pre or post workout.  Eh... ok, I'll stick to the guidelines for these 30 days...  I have been having one serving of fruit per day in the form of a cup of frozen blueberries in a morning greeeeeen smoothie.  Additionally Robb Wolf, the paleo guru, also recommends no more than 1-2 servings of fruit per day until you reach your desired level of leanness.

I'm loving my meals, when you focus on what you can eat and not what you can't, there are some pretty stellar combos when following this plan.  I love the meal map and master recipes in the It Starts with Food book, its very easy to flex according to your tastes, they don't give a month's worth of recipes like some diet/eating programs, annotating exactly what meals/recipes you need to eat for each meal.  They just give you the basics so eat what you like and keep it varied, it's so so simple.

Some pics of meals/food...


Lunch, salad with roast beef, chicken, green olives, and hot sauce.  Roasted Asparagus...
The olives are Lindsay Naturals California Green Olives and they are sooooo flippin' yummm!

Homemade Cilantro Chili Lime Garlic pickles, sooo yummy and all whole30 approved ingredients.

Pickles, roast beef, and sweet potato buried in coconut flakes.

Breakfast-Eggs fried in Ghee, bacon, tomatoes, spinach and avocado.

Coconut, Cinnamon smothered sweet potato.  Salad with fried egg, sardines, capers, peppers and olive oil.

Fried egg, spinach, avocado and ham.

My morning green smoothie, spinach, blueberries, coconut butter/flakes, green tea.

Meal planning, makes it so simple!!

Tis' all for now, got my meals planned for the week, and my workouts as well.  My next post will be more about what I'm doing on the workout front.  

Later.

1 comment:

Tammy Marie Catoe said...

Congrats Irene. Keep the post coming, I'd love to follow your progress. Just this week I started a similar program, mine for general health and weight loss. I am no small girl and have a ways to go, but I'm focused and committed. I am working a plan called Paleo Burn. Just entering week two, but so far so good. I agree, pre-planing meals really does help. Your meals look great. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis